We begin the 2020/2021 Course continuing with the EXPERIENCES OF PEDAGOGICAL INNOVATION and PROGRESSIVE BILING PROGRAM (ENGLISH) for the growth of the emotional, social and ethical intelligence of our students, within a framework of quality and in constant interaction with NATURE.
Teaching from inside out.
This environment allows us to face this HEALTH SITUATION BY COVID-19 in PRIVILEGED CONDITIONS OF AULAS WITH DIRECT ACCESS TO THE OUTSIDE, SPACES AND AREAS for all small groups, alternating them to promote constant ventilation. This is concrete in the measures that are then developed in the CONTINGENCY PLAN.
A PERSONALIZED LEARNING PLAN is the school’s main differential: each teacher is in charge of 5 to 15 students, each of whom receives specialized treatment aimed at recognizing and boosting their skills and talents, day by day. In addition, each student’s academic curriculum is tailored to suit them, complying with the academic rigor of the official contents.
The Educational Project of the Colegio María de Icíar has been structured, since its creation in 1968, with objectives and procedures that society needs today and for the future:
Independence + Innovation
reinventing our educational experience.
FUNCTIONS: (FORM CITIZENS):
- RAINED > settings based on COMPETITIONS::
Acquired (SCHOOL) and vary (LIFE CYCLE) > REAL WORLD
Through NATURE LANGUAGE:
- SOCIAL INTELLIGENCE
- EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT
- MICRO-SCHOOL Groups
- CREATIVE ARTS
- Boost your …
- REAL INTERESTS
- OWN RHYTHM
- Location- NATURE
- ACADEMIC RIGOR
SUCCESS – GOOD CITIZENS (social commitment)::
- WITH DECISION-MAKING SKILLS
¡¡¡¡¡¡ HAPPY !!!!!
1.- School environment
At all times we try to create a welcoming environment, in which the child feels comfortable and integrated. Have full contact with teachers who are directly or indirectly involved in their evolutionary teaching-learning process. We pretend to make you feel at home… because everything happens to them in an environment of serenity in nature, which significantly favours the development of their emotional and social intelligence.
Living positive behaviours reflected by their teachers, such as their tone of voice, harmony of attitudes, vocabulary, recognitions and assessment of all individual progress of each student, allows us to enjoy our profession of teachers.
2.- Pedagogical brushes
OUR INNOVATIVE BILINGUAL PEDAGOGICAL PROJECT COMBINES
Alternative methodologies such as PEDAGOGY OF TOYS, MONTESSORI and WALDORF within a rule framework that meets curriculum contents with academic rigor and languages, preparing students for today’s demands and preparing them for positive interactions in common social contexts, stimulating their creativity through their artistic and musical competences.
The classes are made up of a small number of students "micro groups", which allows us to carry out personalized attention to each student, adapt our methodology to the needs of each of them at any time and help them develop their capacities through adaptations of methodological and material curriculum enrichment. Each student is different and therefore has different needs. The centre reorganizes existing supports, aimed at all group-class students
- Ordinary supports.
- Additional ordinary supports.
- Additional specialized supports.
- Multilevel schedules.
- Expansion activities.
- Cross-cutting actions that promote coexistence.
- Cooperative learning dynamics.
- Peer-to-peer tutoring techniques (student companion tutor).
- Flexible and undoable groupings.
We accompany children in their development in a nature environment on the school farm:
- Constant positive teacher-student interaction (feedback) that favours the feeling of belonging to the school.
- Follow-up by the teacher-tutor of the set areas of knowledge with personalized support that reinforce their self-esteem.
- Assessment of student progress with assessment methods other than conventional examination (student interventions in the classroom).
- Learning by discovery through individual or group work.
- Activities that are unstructured and even open.
- Flexibility in the distribution of tasks, in the organization of spaces and in the use of teaching materials.
- Delete the contents that the student already dominates.
- We work in the school the interests or initiatives of each child, avoiding duties and scheduling varied activities in order to connect students with new and interesting topics for them.
- Develop self-care and self-ception.
- Encourage effort and motivation towards all kinds of learnings.
Children love to imitate adults, learn through direct observation, contact with animals and plants, create and manipulate developing their imagination and creativity:
- Practical life activities in a natural context (personal hygiene, household chores, order, responsibility, awareness, etc.)
- To contemplate various spaces (farm, library, meeting rooms, events, gardens, open spaces, etc.), typical of this center, in which students can carry out autonomous work: research groups, workshops, exhibitions, dialogue,…
- Crafts and colour management for your sensory development with natural materials (wood, wool, beeswax, essential oils, bread dough, clay, stones, leaves, logs, bamboo, etc.)
- Cultivation of eco-smoke and food processing from its fruits.
- Contact with animals and their care in our farm integrated into the daily activities of the school.
- Multilingual empowerment (English, French and German).
- Musical harmony (rhymes, rhythms, chorus, instrumental with songs and singing).
- Sports development. (Horseback riding, hockey, rugby touch, etc.)
Education significantly conditions the personal and professional future, more in today’s society, and the School’s INCLUSIVE PROJECT OF INNOVATIVE EXCELLENCE manages to guide and accompany, individually, the emotional, competitive, creative and academic development of its children. This shows the frequent visits of alumni and their participation in the activities of the center